Saturday, May 28, 2011

My wedding band

A month or so ago, we started our quest for wedding bands. I did some online searching, but did not come across anything that struck me. We decided to head into the city to see what there was in store. We found a beautiful wedding band that we both really loved. Not only did it pair nicely with my engagement ring, but it really complimented my grandmother's ring that I sometimes wear on my right hand. The only problem was that it was way more than we wanted to spend. While I love diamonds and sparkle like most any girl, I am a bit frugal and can not imagine dropping that kind of cash.

Here is the ring we fell in love with, or at least I did! :)

After some more looking, I just could not get that ring out of my head. The style was just what I was looking for, so we decided to make my band. Dave had my engagement ring made at the San Francisco Diamond Exchange, so it was only fitting that we go there to make my band. Not to mention the staff is super friendly and very helpful, which made the entire experience that much better.

We set up an appointment to go over the ring design and check out the stones, this is something that my fiance really enjoyed when he shopped for my engagement ring. The original band was an infinity ring with mill grain detail, but I wanted something with fewer diamonds and a clean bezel. We were thrilled to learn that in a week we could see a mold of the ring.

Here it is! Dave went in to select the stones and assign their placement, I can't wait to see the real thing in a few short weeks. Too bad I have to wait for September to wear it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails