Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Featured Testimonial: Jennie!

Jennie is a good friend of mine, and is the reason that my wedding business got started! We were sitting at her kitchen table one evening flipping through wedding magazines when she mentioned that she still needed to do her wedding stationary. I was all, "DO YOU REALIZE WHO IS SITTING ACROSS THE TABLE FROM YOU?" She hit herself on the forehead, and we immediately started concepting.

She and Chad had a black and white wedding--with splashes of chartreuse. Their big day was planned for a Friday, rather than the typical Saturday. For that reason, I suggested their save the date to reflect their big day as an event--like a concert that you might attend on a Friday night. Jennie was sold on the idea, and I got to work. Once the "poster" was designed, I thought we could go the extra mile and make it even more official by creating "tickets" and matching address labels that would pop on the beautiful chartreuse envelopes.

Here are Jennie's save the dates, which have been one of my most popular designs. They are available in just about any format-- flat card, postcard or poster!

"Concert" Poster Save thee Date

Save the Date Tickets


Click here
to see more photos of this "Event to Remember!"

The invitations strayed away from the concert poster design, but kept the same color palette. When guests saw that chartreuse envelope, they knew what was inside. This is one of my favorite invitations, and because it was the first one I designed--I promised the bride that it would be named, "The Jennie." This invite is a pocketfold with inserts. We sealed the pocketfolds shut with a sticker containing their monogram, then wrapped them in a bellyband that was a "teaser" to the invitation inside. Rather than tiering the inserts, I flooded the back with a black and white damask style pattern. The bold pattern provided nice contrast against the chartreuse pocket.

Here are her invitations:
The Jennie (the one that started it all!)
Click here to view large.

Jennie's wedding was beautiful--hands down, one of the prettiest weddings I've been to. I was easy to spot, because I was dressed like the invitation. Nothing like self promotion! The lovely lady on the left is my wonderful friend, Sara, whose invitations will be featured here soon!
Sara and me

Here's what Jennie has to say:
"I was nothing short of thrilled with Marit's design work for my Save the Date cards and wedding invitations. I went in with a foggy idea of what I wanted and she transformed all of my broad ideas and magazine clippings into a totally original work of art! She was incredibly easy to work with and delivered everything in a timely (and affordable!) manner. The process was actually fun! I received so many raves about both the invitations and save the date cards…it really made the day that much more special. I love our STD so much I have it framed in our bedroom. I will continue to recommend Marit to all of my family and friends!"

Jennie's shower gift

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails