Monday, April 18, 2011

Flea Market Find!

I was so excited to stumble across this vintage mailbox at the Candlestick Park Flea Market this past weekend. After some quick haggling, it was mine!



I am going to clean it up and put a coat of red spray paint on it to sit on one of our entry tables. I am not quite sure what I will do for an actual guest book, or if we will even do one for that matter--but I plan on making good use of this mailbox by creating some small cards for our guests to write us messages.



And who knows, perhaps we'll even get to stick it on the front of our house one day. I've always wanted a red mailbox!

3 comments:

Alli Easley said...

You should mount one of your photos on a huuuuge board (foam core or the likes) and let your guests sign around the photo in the "matte" area. Sounds tacky, but it's not when it's framed for all eternity and put in your house. Oh and silver metallic sharpies make it less shocking and adds a really nice sheen to the whole look. Oh and a B&W photo.

LOVE THE MAILBOX TOO! (you can use the mailbox for guests who bring you a card with money or whatever as a gift too.)

Alli Easley said...

By the way, use a photo that's significantly smaller than the board.

Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove said...

I am so jealous of this! What a great find!!! It'll look amazing.

It gives me some inspiration for our wedding- not to do an expected guest book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails