Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quotes on Love and Marriage

From time to time, I have couples that want some sort of love related quote on their wedding stationery. While it's very sweet, I can't tell you how many times I've read "On this day, I marry my best friend..." Here are a variety of quotes that I would love to see in my designs:

These would be really cute on a wedding program:
When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
– Billy Crystal as Harry in When Harry Met Sally

He is husband, she is wife.
She fears not him, they fear not life.

– Robert Frost, “On the Heart’s Beginning to Cloud the Mind”

I can see these printed on a belly band that holds an invite set together:
“To love abundantly is to live abundantly, and to love forever is to live forever.”
― Henry Drummond

There is no remedy for love, but to love more.
– Henry David Thoreau, The Journal of Henry D. Thoreau, Volumes I–VII (1837–1855)

“To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others.”
― Anne-Sophie Swetchine

I like these two for an invitation footer

“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.”

― Flavia Weedn

“Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
― Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails