Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Grandparent's Wedding

As I was going through my photos, I came across my set containing pictures from my grandparent's wedding album. After my grandmother passed away, I took home their album and scanned them all in to share with my mom and her siblings. It's interesting to see how things have changed.

My grandparents were married in January 1948 in Portland, Maine. 62 years ago next week, that's amazing.

Lovejoy Wedding
My grandpa was quite handsome if I do say so myself!

Lovejoy Wedding
Not a fan of the bridesmaid's dresses, but I am sure they were quite fashionable back in the day.

Lovejoy Wedding
My grandmother's dress, on the other hand, I think is still beautiful!

Lovejoy Wedding
This picture makes me cold just looking at it. I love all the old cars.

Back to more current events next post, I just had to share!

1 comment:

Jen (J. Lauren Events) said...

Thank you sharing these. The train on that dress is just insane- in a really good way! Love it.

Funny how styles change, yet don't at the same time. Your grandpa's suit would be perfect for today. Those bridesmaids dresses, look early 80's to me not 67 years old. And they say the 80s are back....

Related Posts with Thumbnails